As the ninth event in JLNO’s Financial Literacy program, this workshop is designed to provide participants with basic knowledge of the following topics:
- What a Credit Report is and How it Differs from a Credit Score
- When You Should Check Your Credit Report
- How to Request Your Credit Report
- How to Read and Interpret Your Credit Report
- How to Correct Mistakes on Your Credit Report
This workshop presents information to help people in all phases of life demystify the credit reporting system and help them improve their financial well-being. Credit may provide/facilitate opportunities at each stage of life for different reasons. By taking a proactive approach to requesting and understanding credit reports some consumers can benefit from more favorable interest rates on installment and revolving loans and lines of credit, enhanced rental house options, and improved job opportunities.